Sunday, November 25, 2007

Identity Theft Can Destroy Your Credit!

My spouse had a girlfriend before he met me.

We got a phone call from a Collection Agency about a month ago. It seems we had a delinquent Department Store account..... in New Hampshire. Neither my spouse nor I have ever been to New Hampshire - and we haven't been in a branch of that store in years (anywhere), nor did we ever have that store's credit card.

Apparently, the ex-girlfriend had opened an account using my spouse's credit information (social security number?), and never bothered to pay the bills.

We wondered why our Credit Score had deteriorated. Now we KNOW!

Guarding your indentity is something EVERYONE should consider a NECESSITY! You never know when someone might decide it was more expedient, easier ... and less expensive ;-( for THEM ... to use your credit than their own.

Identity Guard

No comments: